Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bloom Bake Shop

I have a confession to make...I'm in love with Bloom Bake Shop. This is not a secret to those close to me. I've raved about their cupcakes and my obsession with them to most people who know me well and many who don't.

Bloom is a charming bake shop in Middleton, Wisconsin run by Annemarie Spitznagle who herself charms you upon entering. Bloom specializes in cupcakes and strives to use local and organic ingredients as much as possible. Walking into the storefront, you feel welcomed into the "kitchen" by Annemarie and her friendly staff who are always excited to tell you about what new and interesting cupcakes they have baked up that day. Bloom has a number of seasonal cupcakes and are frequently creating new flavors.

Bloom bakes "traditional" cupcakes as well as a variety of gluten free and vegan cupcakes. There is always at least one gluten free item daily and often a few to choose from. You sometimes have to get there early before they sell out, because they're so delicious, non-gluten free-ers are often snapping them up too! Bloom takes a number of precautions to ensure that there is no cross contamination including a separate area for preparation of gluten free items and baking these items first thing in the morning before other items are prepared.

This Saturday, we stopped in (as we do many Saturdays) and I had the difficult task of choosing a cupcake. On this day, I was determined to only order one cupcake after overindulging on a recent trip. As you might have guessed by now, I was not successful and ended up ordering the butternut squash with maple buttercream frosting to enjoy in the store while we chatted with Annemarie.



I also ordered the chocolate, chocolate chip with vanilla frosting "to go." I did surprisingly wait until Sunday to enjoy it, even though this box tortured me all of Saturday knowing what was inside.




It's OK to eat cupcakes for breakfast right? :)


I am unfortunately not an eloquent enough writer to describe the joy these cupcakes bring me. I can only encourage others to try them for themselves. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree--Bloom Bake Shop rocks! I love the quaint decor of the place. It has a retro-feel. And I love the fact that Annmarie wears a cute little cupcake necklace. It shows that her life is dedicated to cupcakes!!

    ReplyDelete