Sunday, June 2, 2013

Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream - Sequoa Commons

I know that posts here have become few and far between, but there just haven't been that many restaurants that have been exciting me lately with their GF offerings. I'm taking suggestions if anyone has any!

Although there haven't been many restaurants to write about lately, with summer approaching, I have been getting excited about Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream in Sequoya Commons. In general, Chocolate Shoppe does carry a number of flavors that are gluten free and these are listed on their website. There's an option to check gluten free and there are even some flavors that are both GF and dairy free, including Italian ices. This in and of itself is pretty great, but what makes me excited enough to write a post is that, at least at the Sequoya Commons location, there is an option to order GF cones! Both cake cones and sugar cones in GF varieties are available (apologies for the horrible pic, but I was trying to be inconspicuous). The cones are kept in a separate glass jar and the servers rinse the scoops before serving each person, so it seems to be as a safe as an ice cream place could be.


On this occasion, I had the sugar cone with turtle ice cream. The turtle is a delicious combination of vanilla ice cream with swirls of chocolate and caramel and bits of salted pecans. Decadent and delicious!


Hopefully, the weather will actually be summer-like sometime soon. And if ice cream is on your summer menu, you might want to give a Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream GF cone a try. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Vanilla ice cream is one of my favorite fast foods. I love ice creams.
    Gluten free

    ReplyDelete